Our fellows program is designed for young adults who are interested in church life and being involved in the Christ Church community. Running the length of the UVa academic calendar (from mid-August to early-May), the program is an opportunity to catch one’s breath, to spend a year discerning the possibility of lay or ordained ministry, to explore the Charlottesville area or to serve others. Fellows will be asked to focus on at least one area of the Christ Church community each semester. The program also offers an educational element, to study the foundations of the Gospel and Christian theology. By the end of the year, we hope each fellow feels refreshed, hopeful about the future, and inspired by working in our community here. If you would like further information, please contact Maddy and Sam Bush email@example.com.
When: August 15, 2015 – May 15, 2016
A Year to Serve
- College Ministry
- Christ Church Preschool
- Mission and Service
- Youth Group
- The Garage: Music and Arts
- Mockingbird Ministries
- Children’s Chapel
- Senior’s Ministry
- Kitchen Ministry
A Year to Catch Your Breath
- Retreats out at a nearby farm
- Hiking in the Blue Ridge Mountains
- Mentorship with Christ Church staff
- Weekly dinners with Christ Church families
A Year to Explore Charlottesville
- Part time job opportunity at a local Charlottesville business
- Introductions to Charlottesville organizations (New City Arts, Hill & Holler, Charlottesville SOUP, The Bridge, Monticello, The Haven, Live Arts Theater, Big Blue Door Jam)
A Year to Discern
- Weekly Bible studies
- Attending the Mockingbird Conference in New York City
- Opportunities to travel with missions trips to Haiti, Honduras or Brazil
- Fellows Classes at the Center for Christian Study
Fundraising and Finances
Each fellow is required to write a support letter to raise $6,000 during the Fall semester.
Christ Church will provide:
- Rent ($500/month).
- Living expenses ($500/month).
- A small stipend ($100/month) for meals related to ministry will also be provided.
Christ Church also pays for:
- One mission trip ($1,500)
- Full cost for the Spring Mockingbird Conference in NYC. (approx. $600)
- Tuition for one class for audit or credit up to $400.
Interested? If you would like further information, please contact Maddy and Sam Bush firstname.lastname@example.org.